I recently realized that haven’t shared any beauty updates on the blog for a while, so I decided to prepare something really great for you. Not only we are approaching my favorite summer season, the routine I’m sharing today involves one of my favorite French-made skincare brands – Vichy. Let me thank Vichy here for sponsoring this post but read below why I love them : )
I heard about Vichy for the first time back in 2003 when I visited France as an international student volunteer. We were living in a big house where all of us girls – local and foreigners – shared one huge bedroom, so it was easy to notice that almost every French girl had something by Vichy in her cosmetic bag. I remember buying a cleanser and moisturizer for my mom before leaving France and how she was raving about it convincing me to try the brand for myself. A few years later I became an avid fan of Vichy’s cleansers, toners, and moisturizers.
So far, I’ve been using Vichy for over 10 years and love that they maintain the same great quality for so many years. I started from Aqualia Thermal products that are the best when you are in your early 20s and don’t worry much about mimic wrinkles or wrinkles at all. Now when I’m 30, I graduated to Idealia collection.
So what exactly do I use in my summer skincare routine? To tell you the truth, I don’t wear full makeup every day. My beauty routine mainly consists of cleansing, moisturizing, correcting, and maintaining.
STEP 1. Peel
Peeling is something I do before I go to bed. It’s way better than abrasive scrubs. Vichy’s Idealia Face Peel is a night product that helps you to get rid of dead cells and achieve the ultimately fresh and glowing skin. This peel is great for refining skin texture and reducing the look of fines lines and wrinkles. You just need to apply it with a cotton pad like a toner before you go to bed (no rinsing!) and don’t forget about SPF in the morning. Keep reading, I’ll be covering the SPF part too : )
STEPS 2-3. Serum + Moisturizer
What do I do in the morning after I wash my face? I apply my Idealia Radiance Boosting Serum to fight stress, fatigue, and lack of sleep that definitely affect how my skin looks. The serum helps to refine the texture of my skin and makes the pores less visible. I love that this product is super light, has a lovely fresh scent, and contains NO parabens in it. I let the serum dry and apply some light moisturizer.
STEP 4. Foundation with SPF (+ Stick Corrector if needed)
Once I’m done with my moisturizer, I start applying my foundation. The reason why love Vichy DermaFinish Foundation is because it comes with built-in SPF 30, so I don’t have to apply an extra layer of cream to my face. SPF is especially important during the summer and after the use of facial peel when your skin is much more prone to sunburns. The foundation itself is very lightweight and easy to apply plus it lasts all day long. I also like to use Vichy DermaFinish stick to correct dark circles and minor imperfections.
STEP 5. Thermal Water
This is my favorite fun part – Mineralized Thermal Water. New York City gets extremely hot during the summer, and this thermal water infused with antioxidants is a natural solution to fortify, protect and moisturize your skin during the day. I love that it can be used under and over makeup, so I can just keep it on my desk and apply throughout the day.
I hope you liked my routine.
What are you summer skincare tricks and what are your favorite beauty products for summer?
Links à la Mode, June 1st
- April Was Here: Matching Sets
- Cammeo Head to Toe: Baby Registry Must-Have from a 2nd Time Mom
- Distinguished Diva: 5 Zines to Subscribe to
- Finite 1: Where To Find A Stripe Slouchy Pullover Top
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Styling a Peplum Top for Summer
- Green Acres Meets Paris: All Things Gingham
- Hampton Roads Fashion & Style: Maternity Style | Color-Block Skirt by Geekchic Fashion
- House of Leo: Must Have Summer Sandals
- Individually Chic: Birthday Freebies & Discounts
- Jeff on the Road: Summertime Rainy Day
- Lady Diana’s Pearls: White Lace OTS Dress
- Li Fashionable Foodie: Plenty of Patches
- Life in the Fash Lane: 5 Types of Stripes You Need to Have
- My Cubicle Chic: How To Define Success || 4 Theories From 4 Successful Business Women
- Paulyne BKJ: Beautiful Summer Days x Tallinn Dolls
- Smile is it: How to Update Your Skincare Routine for Summer
- Tellement Swell: Layering Coloré dans la Grisaille
- The Curvy Edit: Casual Summer: Crop Top
- With Wonder and Whimsy: Five Outfit Formulas for Whimsical & Romantic Style